Many players have used or at least heard of the downloadable program WOW Model Viewer, but yesterday I discovered that you can do 3D WOW modeling on a basic web browser with Wowhead.com! This would be great to compare outfits for transmogging!
I have no idea how long this feature has been on their website, but I thought I would write directions here on how to use it as well as include a link to my sample so you can see what I did.
HOW TO DO IT:
1) Go to WOWHEAD.COM
2) Drop down menu Tool>Item Comparison
3) Click on “Item” on the R Side to add your outfit
4) Type in the item name. Do this repeatedly for every item.
5) On Item Comparison page, drag each item to the first one you created to form a group.
6) To view your model, click on the down arrow on L side of item group.
7) View 3D Model
8 ) Specify Race and Sex at bottom L
9) Animations can be done on the bottom R
Here is a little outfit I threw together on Chatmay to demonstrate:
(no shoulders, etc. picked yet)